Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An updated version of PreText has been pushed to the Market

I wanted to advertise the fact that I pushed an update of PreText (v1.0.3) out to the Market. This is a simple maintenance release that won't change the user interface or the way the application works in any way that will confuse a user who is already familiar with it. The changes can basically be boiled down to the following two items:
  • Enhanced the technique I was using for detecting your current speed so that it is now more robust and reliable. (Note: I believe this will likely fix the issue reported by a user named Liz who rated the app and left the comment "Speed doesnt work on my HTC desire. Needs to be always on to work".  You can see what I'm referring to here.)
  • Added a User Information screen that serves as a guide to help the user get a feel for some of the fine points for how PreText works and how you can configure it.
 I also took the opportunity to upload a couple of screenshots which I didn't do when I originally released it.  Here are those.

No comments:

Post a Comment